GIRFEC for You

In Scotland you have a named person until you leave school (even if you are over 18).

This is someone that you can speak to for any help, support or advice. If you are in primary school this will be your Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher. If you are in secondary school this will be your Guidance Teacher.

If you are a travelling child/young person, the Local Authority where you live will tell you who your named person is.

If you are taught at home, please go to the ‘What is a named person’ page within the Practitioner tab, where you will find contact details to obtain named person information.

The role of your named person is to promote, support and safeguard your wellbeing and they will be happy to talk to you about this. Please speak to your named person if you think you could benefit from any support or advice as they are there to listen to you.

Take our training on Girfec

Find Out More

Children's Change Programmes

Find Out More

Supporting Ayrshire's children, young people & their families